As we approach the coldest months of winter i would like to share with you some tips and tricks that you should know to better protect your home and property this winter! Thanks for your business and support of our agency, here is our FREE REPORT on Fall / Winter Tips and Tricks.
The circle of safety: prepare your home for cooler days ahead….
By Terry Young - President
SRS Insurance Group
Fall / Winter Maintenance Tips….
1. Have your furnace cleaned and inspected by a qualified technician annually.
2. Keep flammable materials, including all lawn and power equipment, away from water heaters and wiring in the basement.
3. Insulate water pipes in areas exposed to cold temperatures and turn up the thermostat during extra cold periods.
4. Check for damage to your roof and clean gutters and downspouts to keep debris from accumulating. This is especially important during the fall season to keep leaves from building up in gutters.
5. Check and repair caulking around doors and windows that show signs of deterioration.
6. Have your chimney cleaned and maintained annually by a professional.
7. Clean and/or replace your furnace filter.
8. Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust, and pieces of material or cloth.
9. Check your electrical outlets for potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Be sure not to overload electrical outlets, fuse boxes, extension cords or any other power service.
10. Keep a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible that is filled and ready for operation.
11. Inspect your smoke detectors. Make sure that there is one on each floor of your home. Test them and change the battery every three months or as needed.
At SRS Insurance Group, we take a personal interest in our customers. We like to share information that comes to help you protect yourself and your family from financial loss. If you have any questions, regarding this information or your insurance coverage, please don’t hesitate to give me a call 256-442-3443 or e-mail me personally at email@example.com.