As a result of the historic severe storms affecting Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Georgia the National Catastrophe team is mobilizing additional field personnel to the area. Our National Catastrophe team, which is a part of Agency Markets' Claims Shared Service organization, serves Safeco personal lines policyholders, as well as commercial lines customers of the eight Regional Companies.
My name is John Gragson and I am the Catastrophe Event Manager. You can contact me with questions or concerns, particularly if you have a customer with a large loss or in need of "high touch" service. I am available via the e-mail address provided below or by phone if you need a more immediate response.
As the situation is ongoing, we are assessing staffing needs and will be dispatching field staff to the affected areas. Other members of the team are centrally located to manage the behind-the-scenes operations. All are committed to providing exceptional claims service and caring for our customers in times of crisis.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to help us deliver the best possible service:
- Please encourage your customers with storm damage to report their claims on Safeco personal and commercial polices to our toll-free claims number at (800) 332-3226.
- Montgomery Insurance customers with storm damage should report their claims on personal and commercial policies to our ANYTIMET Claims number at
- Because there are so many factors that can affect coverage, please leave coverage decisions to our Claims professionals.
- Once your customer reports their claim, a member of our National Catastrophe Team will contact them within 24 - 48 hours to discuss the claim and arrange for an inspection if needed. When the volume of claims is high, our goal is to reach customers with the most severe damage first.
- Ask customers to make emergency repairs to prevent further damage to their property if they can. Please advise customers to be patient and save receipts.
- We require policyholders to wait until their claims professional has assessed damage before making permanent repairs. However, we encourage people to line up a contractor. Remind your customers to use a local, licensed and bonded contractor and check their local references.
Rest assured that the team is prepared to handle every claim quickly and efficiently, providing our customers with the best possible service. If you have questions about our National Catastrophe Team's business model since the acquisition of Safeco by Liberty Mutual, please visit: http://safecoagent.com/story_detail.php?a_id=3030
Agency Markets National Catastrophe Team