“CIRCLE OF SAFETY”
WE’RE MAKING SURE YOUR HOME IS SAFE
SPRING AHEAD WITH OUR “13 STEP” HOME MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST TO PREPARE FOR A …WORRY FREE SUMMER...
Summer is just around the corner! Those kids are getting ready to get out of school and have made “vivid” plans on how they intend to spend those three precious months…we call summer. If you are like my mom or dad, you are probably preparing the house for the great-grandkids to come hang out some with g.g. and g.g.grandpa. Well what we have prepared is a short simple 13 step checklist to make sure your home is safe for all this spring and summer. Hope you enjoy your time this year with your family and here’s to a SAFE and HAPPY time with “our families.”
SPRING MAINTENANCE TIPS….
1. Inspect your smoke detectors. Make sure that there is one on each floor of your home. Test them and change the battery every three months or as needed.
2. Check the light bulbs in all your fixtures to be sure that they are the correct wattage as recommended by the manufacturer.
3. Replace all high-intensity bulbs (such as halogen) with fluorescent bulbs that don’t produce as much heat.
4. Check your electrical outlets for potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose fitting plugs. Be sure not to overload electrical outlets, fuse boxes, extension cords or any other power service.
5. Keep a multi-purpose fire extinguisher accessible that is filled and ready for operation.
6. Have your air conditioning system inspected by a professional as recommended by the manufacturer.
7. Check for damage to your roof and clean gutters and downspouts to keep debris from accumulating.
8. Check your water heater for leaks and corrosion.
9. Clean and/or replace your furnace filter.
10. Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust, and pieces of material and cloth.
11. In your yard, remove all dead trees and keep healthy trees and bushes trimmed and away from utility wires.
12. Safely store oil and gas for lawn equipment and tools in a vented, locked area.
13. Repair driveway and walkways that are cracked, broken or uneven to provide a level walking surface.
At SRS Insurance, we take a personal interest in our customers. We like to share information that helps you protect yourself and your family from financial loss. If you have any questions, regarding this information or your insurance coverage, please don’t hesitate to give us a call phone: 1-877-222-8765 or e-mail me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading,
SRS Insurance Group