The circle of safety: a vacation is your time to relax and enjoy life!
By Terry Young
SRS Insurance Group
1. Make sure all electrical appliances are turned off.
2. Clean the refrigerator of all perishable foods and take out the garbage.
3. Lock all windows and doors.
4. Arrange to have the newspaper and mail held until your return or have them picked up by a trusted neighbor.
5. Let a trusted neighbor know you will be away and have them keep an eye on your home for you. It’s a good idea to leave your vacation address and telephone number with a neighbor so you can be reached in case of an emergency.
6. Never leave your house key hidden outside your home.
7. Set timers on interior lights.
8. Make sure to unplug televisions, computers, and appliances that are susceptible to lightning and power surges.
9. Advise your alarm company and local police if you will be gone for an extended period.
10. Store jewelry and valuable papers in a safe deposit box.
11. Arrange for the care of pets.
12. Set the heating system to provide minimum heat of 55 degrees.
At SRS Insurance Group, we take a personal interest in our customers. We like to share information that comes to help you protect yourself and your family from financial loss. If you have any questions, regarding this information or your insurance coverage, please don’t hesitate to give me a call at Ph 1-877-222-UROK (8765)or e-mail me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org