The circle of safety: enjoy longer days and warmer nights while protecting your investment….
By Terry Young
SRS Insurance group
Summer maintenance tips….
1. Check deck or patio for possible deterioration and safety hazards such as loose boards and protruding nails.
2. Check electrical outlets for potential fire hazards such as frayed wires or loose-fitting plugs. Be sure not to overload electrical outlets, fuse boxes, extension cords or any other power service.
3. Check all window and door locks to ensure correct functioning. Make sure all locks are secure and there are no holes in any of the screens.
4. Inspect recreational equipment for proper operation and possible dangers (e.g., are swing sets secure with no rusty bolts?).
5. Carefully inspect your toilet. Look for the erosion of plastic floater valves, and check all pipe connections.
6. Clean and/or replace furnace filter.
7. Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct and space under the dryer. Remove all lint, dust and pieces of material.
8. Inspect washing machine hoses periodically and replace hoses that show signs of wear or leakage.
9. Have roof inspected by a professional once every few years to identify areas of potential leakage.
At SRS Insurance Group, we take a personal interest in our customers. We like to share information that comes to help you protect yourself and your family from financial loss. If you have any questions, regarding this information or your insurance coverage, please don’t hesitate to give me a call at 1-877-222-UROK (8765) or e-mail me personally at email@example.com.